Life path numbers are one of the core numbers in many numerology charts. They give us a better understanding of our deepest natures, the challenges we may face in life, and the lessons to be learned in this lifetime.
HOW TO FIND YOUR LIFE PATH NUMBER
Calculate your number by reducing each component of your full birthday (day, month, and year) to a single digit. You must reduce each component individually and then add these reduced numbers together in order to get the correct number. The only numbers that should not be reduced are the master numbers 11, 22, and 33.
For January 31, 1983...
(January) 0+1 = 1
(Day) 3+1 = 4
(Year) 1+9+8+3 = 21 = 2+1 = 3
Now add 1+4+3 = 8. The life path number is 8.
For November, 21, 1991...
(November) 11 = 11 (do not reduce. This is a master number).
(Day) 2+1 = 3
(Year) 1+9+9+1 = 20 = 2+0 = 2
Now add 11 + 3 + 2 = 16 = 1 + 6 = 7. The life path number is 7.
LIFE PATH NUMBER STRENGTHS AND CHALLENGES
1. Strengths: Leader, individualistic, independent, ambitious, driven, assertive, determined, natural enthusiasm to get things done
Challenges: Following when necessary, maintaining emotional control (especially anger and impatience), egocentrism, overbearing
2. Strengths: Diplomatic, peacemaker, sensitive to needs of others, empathetic, kind hearted, good listener, honest, persuasive
Challenges: Indecision, nervousness, anxiety, emotional independence from others
3. Strengths: Artistic, creative, good communicator, self expression, innovative, optimism
Challenges: Lacking self-discipline, flightiness, long-term plans, extreme sensitivity and emotional swings
4. Strengths: Pragmatic, stable, hard worker, good at long-term planning, goal driven, strategic, loyal
Challenges: overly rigid, narrow minded, repressive
5. Strengths: Independent, lover of freedom, multi-talented, curious, adaptable, communication, compassion
Challenges: over indulgence, irresponsible, impulsive, lack of focus, restless
6. Strengths: Caretaker, reliable, just, devoted to family, dependable, helpful
Challenges: Taking on too much and becoming overwhelmed, meddling, self-righteous
7. Strengths: Truth seeker, moral, analytical, perfectionist, studious, intelligent
Challenges: Coming across as aloof, overly reserved, secretive, isolation
8. Strengths: Organized, leader, ambitious, tenacious, motivating, good at business
Challenges: Workaholic, emotional suppression, arrogance, loneliness
9. Strengths: Humanitarian, generous of heart, accepting, selfless, idealistic
Challenges: Overly dependent, prone to frustration, financial struggles, self doubt
The master numbers are kind of like amplified versions of their single digit reductions. In other words, the master number 11 will reflect qualities of number 2, the master number 22 will reflect number 4 qualities, and 33 will reflect 6 qualities. Depending upon the individual, the master number may bring some traits more intensely than others. This means that individuals with life path master numbers have great potential but must also be extra aware of any challenges associated with their respective numbers.