Brigid's Brew for Imbolc
Updated: Feb 14, 2022
Brigid is a goddess of Imbolc that comes from the Tuatha De Danaan. She is still widely celebrated in Ireland during Imbolc in what is now referred to as St. Brigid's Feast. Brigid is associated with protection, blessings, and beer. For Imbolc, try this delicious beer cocktail made with lavender and strawberries.
Lavender Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp lavender flowers
1 ounce simple syrup
1 ounce gin
optional: rosemary or lavender for garnish
For the Simple Syrup
1. Mix together the sugar, water, and lavender.
2. Bring to a boil and stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Stir often and be careful not to burn the sugar.
3. Remove from heat and let steep 30 minutes.
4. Strain to remove the lavender.
For the Cocktail
1. Muddle two strawberries.
2. Add some ice and the vodka (or gin) and simple syrup to a shaker and shake well.
3. Strain into a glass.
4. Top with beer. Garnish with a sprig of lavender or rosemary.
5. Recite the incantation as you toast to Imbolc.
"By Maiden’s blessing and Brigid’s brew,
Welcome Imbolc and Spring Renew."