These shower steamers will release tension and awaken your creative potential. They are scented with lavender to help you relax and explore your unconscious. They also have peppermint to raise your vibrations, awaken your senses, and promote positivity.
Shower steamers are easy to make and only require a few ingredients. This recipe makes 4 half-dome steamers that are 2.5" in diameter and 1.25" tall. You can add more or less essential oil depending upon your personal preference. After you make them, store them in an airtight container until use. When I use them, I like to set them on the floor of my shower where they will get wet but are not directly under the water.
1/2 cup baking soda, sifted
1/4 cup citric acid
20 drops lavender essential oil
20 drops peppermint essential oil
spray bottle with rubbing alcohol or witch hazel
mold for the steamers (silicone works well
1. Mix together the baking soda and citric acid.
2. Add the essential oils and mix well.
3. Lightly spray the mixture with the alcohol or witch hazel. Be careful not to add too much, and mix well as soon as you spray the mixture. Keep adding the alcohol/witch hazel until the mixture clumps together like wet sand. If you add too much, then your shower steamers will start fizzing before you use them.
4. Press the mixture firmly into the molds and leave until dry. This can take anywhere from a couple of hours (in cool, dry environments) to overnight (in humid, hot environments). When dry, remove from molds and store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
5. To use your steamer, set it on the floor of your shower in an area where it will get wet but is not located directly under the water. Recite the incantation. Focus your intentions on opening your mind, relaxing your thoughts, and welcoming your creativity.
"I conjure creativity,
To awaken my mind so I can see,
The thoughts I hide in realms of dreams."