Brew up this potion when you need to keep something or someone at bay. You can also use it to break a hex or repel negative energy. This recipe uses blackberries for protection and healing and witch's salt for banishing. The wonderful dark blue/black from the charcoal and the berry juice gives this potion an added boost with its lovely color magic. This spell is best cast during a waning or new moon.
1/4 cup blackberries
1/4 tsp witch's salt
1/4 tsp vinegar
quill pen, glass quill, or paint brush
cauldron or other heat-proof vessel
1. Smash the berries into the mesh to separate the berries from the juice.
2. Add the vinegar and witch's salt.
3. Mix in a counterclockwise direction while focusing your intent on what you want to banish.
4. You have now created a magical ink. Dip your quill or paint brush into the berry ink and write on the paper what you wish to banish.
5. Tear up the paper and place it in your cauldron or heat-proof vessel. Burn the paper and let the ashes cool.
6. Once the ashes have completely cooled, take them outside and let the wind carry them away. Recite the incantation below.
"By fire, ash, and berry banish
From flame to smoke, forever vanish”.