Lemon Grapefruit Body Scrub Ritual to Restore Energy
Updated: Mar 5, 2020
When you are feeling tired or overwhelmed, use this wonderful body scrub to revamp your spirits and restore your energy.
This is a fantastic body scrub recipe that is very simple to make. I especially like to use it when the moon is in Pisces, during sun sign months for Pisces and Cancer, and when there is a retrograde. I am an Aquarian but also an empath, so times of heightened emotions can definitely get a bit draining. I use this scrub to free myself of negative energies and to restore my soul with good vibes and vitality.
1 cup sugar (I use organic sugar, but a plain white granulated sugar will also work)
1/2 cup melted coconut oil (place in microwave at 10 second intervals or in a double boiler)
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp fresh grapefruit juice
zest of 1 lemon
some grapefruit zest
15 drops lemon essential oil (or a combination of grapefruit and lemon essential oils)
airtight container for storage
1. Stir together the coconut oil and sugar. The mixture should be like a wet sand. You can add more or less oil depending on how fine you want the scrub to be.
2. Add the lemon and grapefruit juice.
3. Add the lemon and grapefruit zest and stir to mix.
4. Add the essential oil (you can add more or less depending on how strong you want the scent to be)
5. Stir to mix and store in an airtight container. The scrub should keep, refrigerated, for about a month. You don't have to refrigerate it, but if the weather is hot it will last longer. If you do refrigerate it, you can let it sit out to come to room temperature before use. This will make it easier to scoop out.
When you use the scrub, say
"Lift my spirits,
Bring in light,
Leave my soul refreshed and bright."