In March, the full moon is the known as the Storm Moon. It has many names including the Worm Moon, Caw Moon, Sap Moon and others. It signals the time of year when winter is coming to an end and the spring is beginning. This is a perfect time to cast a full moon cleansing spell. Use this spell to let go of the past and mental blocks so that you make room for the new beginnings, blessings, and opportunities of the spring.
For this spell, I make a flowery botanical blend that I use in the spring for Ostara and Imbolc. It has lovely plants like jasmine, hyssop, rose, blue butterfly pea flower, heather, and many other florals. You can use a similar blend or you can combine your own favorite botanicals that remind you most of the spring, rebirth, and hope.
Plain piece of white paper and pen
Mortar and Pestle
Dried flowers and herbs
1. On the paper, write down all of the things that you wish to mentally release.
2. Tear the paper into small pieces.
3. Use the mortar and pestle to grind the botanical blend into a powder.
4. Combine the paper and botanicals in the cauldron and light on fire.
"By Storm Moon’s power and fire bright,
I cleanse in flame the past this night,
And from this ash by full moon’s glow,
Are new blessings soon to grow."
5. Scatter the ashes outside under the moon. Mentally let go of all those negative thoughts, past troubles, and mental blocks that have been holding you back. Visualize the new and wonderful things that will come to you this spring.